Friday, May 9, 2008

pARENTS wHO bRIBE

Well I have to admit that I am a parent, or should I say we, are parents who bribe our children. It just started with trying to bribe Riley with candy if he would go pee pee on the potty. He decided one day in Mesa that that would be the day HE wanted to start going on the potty. Well that was fine by me. Although we had to go in the parking lot at Target since I was changing Aiden's diaper. He got the peeing part down and now all we needed was the other part. After making him help me clean the many messes because I refussed to put a diaper back on him, we had to make the reward a little more enticing. I told Riley if he started to go on the toilet we would buy him a tractor. Just basically meaning a toy tractor. Well somehow that got turned into a big, riding tractor. It has almost been two weeks now since he yelled at me to come to the bathroom cause he went on the potty. I was feeding Aiden and wasn't sure I wanted to go see just what he had done. I took the long walk to the bathroom and he had climbed up to the toilet and really did go. I was so excited. Daddy and I took him to the store later only to find they were out. Try explaining that to a 2 1/2 year old when he can see the display right there. Well we did it. We called Globe Wal-Mart and they had two. Steven was going to haul copper to Miami on Tuesday the 6th. Steve and Riley went and got it. After QUITE awhile the next morning Daddy finally got it put all together. (daddy tried to skip a few steps but mommy was luckily there to keep him in line) It was adorable watching him take off and ride!




Here he is just driving it like a pro!


Must have had to fix something!


Looking ahead for the turn.


Look at me Mommy and Daddy! I am having "loads" of fun!

He hasn't gone in his pants since that day and we are so proud. Congratulations Riley for crossing one of the many bridges that are laying in your path of life. We love you!

9 comments:

  1. Way to go Riley! You know you do what you have to sometimes to get what you want! You two are great parents! Your boys are getting so big! I love your tractor Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I say whatever works! All of my kids were different in potty training...not one the same.

    I'm just glad they are all potty trained now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! My first was not that easy. I am not looking forward to the next one. Maybe I'll be lucky like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! He is so cute on his tractor! Huge bribe! I am not big on bribing my kids until it comes to potty training. I say hey- whatever it takes! Life is sooo much better when you have one less kid in diapers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Riley (and Mommy too!) This is a big day for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you Cim and Steven. I say that to you because potty training stinks. I refuse to potty train another one after Kaden and then Kamri just did it herself. Kyra is trying too, but I give up. I told Dave that I will go to the school and change their diapers before I potty train again. So Congrats to you and good job Riley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've been tagged...check out my blog to find what to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm an auntie that bribes! Probably one of the worst ever. : ) I can't get over how much Riley looks like Shane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love it when they finally decide to be big on there own. That is how Colby was, we fought for months, and then one day I walked by the bathroom and he was up there going on his own. It was one of the best days. Now only if Becca will just skip all the trouble and get to that day before the new baby comes!!! Congrats- a month later!!!

    ReplyDelete